A common topic of discussion among Toyota Tundra and Tacoma fans is the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas (TMMTX) plant. Specifically fans want to know how the trucks get built, what the product mix is and how much capacity the plant truly has. Recently, Toyota flew me down to San Antonio, Texas to learn all of that and more.
Search terms people used to find this page:
- tours of the tundra plant in san antonio tx
Here is the latest news from Toyota\Lexus for the week ending September 16, 2016.
Toyota Ramps Up Truck Production
As I left Toyota’s Chief Engineer Mike Sweers house in Michigan, I received the following press release from Toyota about their “truck whisperer.” Sweers is one of the smartest guys I know and here is some good insight into what makes a truck chief engineer.
The 2017 Toyota Tundra features a few small changes and a slight price bump for the model year, yet nothing really major is changing.
Toyota’s New Plano Campus Drafts Impressive Energy & Environmental Line Up
Toyota is hitting multiple shots-on-goal to reduce energy usage and environmental impacts at their new Plano headquarters campus. The player bench is stacked with energy partners and programs to help achieve the goal of Platinum LEED Certification at the state-of-the-art campus.
Classic Toyota Corolla Debuts in the Coast-to-the-Heartland 2016 Great Race
An iconic first-generation 1970 Toyota Corolla sedan will be joining more than 130 vintage cars in the Great Race, a long-distance endurance competition. Starting in Northern California and ending in Moline, Ill., Toyota’s participation is part of the Corolla’s 50th anniversary celebration. Toyota’s first-ever entry in the collector-car endurance road rally, the vintage Corolla will be driven by Jamie Bestwick, 13-time X Games gold medal winner in BMX Vert and SCORE Baja 1000 veteran.
Toyota Connected CEO Zack Hicks Details the New Company
In April, Toyota Connected was announced. The new company, according to the press release, is intended to “significantly expand…capabilities in the fields of data management and data services development.” While it’s clear that Toyota Connected will collect data and find ways to improve the customer experience in myriad ways, that description itself brings up a few questions. Toyota Connected CEO Zack Hicks explains how he wants to contextualize connected cars and give customers an escape from what he calls the “tyranny of technology.”
Lexus Tees Up for the U.S. Open Championship
Golf’s most anticipated event is here. Lexus returns as the official vehicle of the U.S. Open Championship in partnership with the United States Golf Association (USGA) for the 10th consecutive year. In addition to providing new on-site interactive experiences for golf fans, Lexus will also provide over 300 courtesy vehicles to players and USGA staff throughout the Championship. Bringing together the world’s greatest players to compete in golf’s ultimate test, the Championship takes place June 16–19 at the renowned Oakmont Country Club in Oakmont, Pennsylvania, for a record ninth time.
Also worth noting…
- Toyota is Most Valuable Car Brand – Toyota is the highest ranked car brand and 28th overall in the 2016 BrandZ™ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands ranking. The annual report, now in its 11th year, provides great insight on the value of global brands across 14 categories.https://www.millwardbrown.com/brandz/top-global-brands/2016
- Lexus and Toyota Achieve Top Overall Scores in Dealer Sentiment Survey – Lexus ranked No. 1 overall among automotive brands in a recent survey that measured dealer sentiment of franchise value, automaker policies and automaker field staff. Toyota was second. The National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) Dealer Attitude Survey, which is conducted twice a year, conveys timely dealer sentiment with the goal of encouraging automakers to regularly engage in constructive and beneficial exchanges with their dealers. https://www.nada.org/NADA-Dealer-Attitude-Survey-Winter-2016/
- Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Announces Changes to Board Members – TMC announced the appointment of new members of the Board of Directors. In addition, changes were made to board members’ areas of responsibility, and to personnel at the sub-executive managerial level.https://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/detail/12435893/
- Second Row Start for Toyota GAZOO Racing at Le Mans – Toyota GAZOO Racing will start the 84th Le Mans 24 Hours from the second row of the grid.https://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/detail/12465727/