ToyTec 3″ Lift Kit Installation Pictures and Video
Jason Lancaster | Jun 08, 2007 | Comments 8
Installing the ToyTec 3″ Lift Kit on a local Toyota Tundra was auto technician Jerrod Jewell of Mountain States Toyota. Jerrod, an auto technician for almost a decade, worked quickly and efficiently to install this kit while still taking the time to answer questions and allowing us to take pictures.
In order, here are the steps for installing the 3″ lift kit from ToyTec on a 2007+ Tundra. This isn’t a comprehensive guide, only an explanation of the basic steps and some photos. If you’re purchased a ToyTec lift, this will be extremely helpful for you. Even if you’ve purchased a different kit, a lot of the steps are the same.
ToyTec Lift Kit Installation Video
1) Get out your tools, park the vehicle, jack it up, make sure it’s secure, and take the front wheels off.
2) Remove the sway bar link from the lower control arm on both sides.
3) Remove the outer tie rod ends and the lower bolt thru the shock/coil-over assembly.
4) Remove the 4 upper nuts that hold the coil-over to the upper shock tower.
5) Remove the coil-over/strut assembly from the vehicle
6) Make sure to note the alignment of the strut top-plate studs in relation to the lower shock hole before compressing the spring. If this isn’t done properly you will need to completely re-do your installation.
7) Compress the spring in a spring compressor. While one can be rented, it’s easiest and best to take it to a local shop and ask them to do it.
8 ) Remove the top nut, top plate, and rubber isolator. Install the large main spacer (make sure to line up the OUT printed on the spacer with the OUT printed on the plate). Remove the factory top plate studs and replace them with the longer studs provided. Re-assemble the top plate, spacer, and rubber isolator, and place the smaller spacer on top of the coil-over.
Yours should look like this:
9) Put the assembly back into the truck. Make sure to align the assembly as it was before using the marks made earlier. Repeat on the opposite side.
10) Remove front skid plates, saving bolts. Support the front differential with a floor jack and remove the bolts supporting the diff.
11) Install the small diameter 1″ spacers between the two front differential supports and the front cross-member. Use the new nuts and bolts provided with the factory washers, tighten to factory spec. Reinstall skid plate (you may need to trim here).
12) Install rear blocks by supporting rear axle with a floor jack, removing factory U-bolts, adding block, and then securing with provided U-bolts. Make sure to use rubber seats for top of the U-bolts, and to do one side at a time. See the before and after below.
Make sure you don’t have any parts left over, and take the vehicle to your local shop for a new alignment.
Filed Under: Toyota Tundra Accessories • Tundra Lift Kits
[…] website and decided to review their 3″ Toyota Tundra lift kit. Our review includes a Tundra lift kit installation guide and […]
[…] I have to say I wouldn’t want to try it without the use of a hydraulic lift. Here’s a link to the Tundra Lift Kit Installation pics and video we took. Your truck looks great! __________________ “A Toyota” — spelled the […]
[…] down to step #6 , might be the problem not for sure . But would be easy to make that mistake . ToyTec 3″ Lift Kit Installation Pictures and Video | tundraheadquarters.com __________________ 2008 Crewmax X-SP carbon Fiber Dash kit 20″ JTI Rims BFG AT KO 285/55/20 AFE […]
[…] are the install directions with some pics ToyTec 3″ Lift Kit Installation Pictures and Video | tundraheadquarters.com I got 3" in the front when mine was installed . __________________ 2008 Crewmax X-SP […]
[…] your welcome . Here is link to a video showing what they to install one of these kits . ToyTec 3″ Lift Kit Installation Pictures and Video | tundraheadquarters.com __________________ 2008 Crewmax X-SP carbon Fiber Dash kit 20″ JTI Rims BFG AT KO 285/55/20 AFE […]
Is there installation instruction for my 2004 double cab tundra when installing the toytech lift kit?
It’s remarkable to go to see this web page and reading the views of all colleagues regarding this post, while I am also eager of getting know-how.
Here is my website: Lift Serum Pro (http://www.liftserumproreview.com)