HitchSafe Key Vault – An Overview
What it Is and What it Does: Designed for pickup trucks, the HitchSafe Key Vault turns a tow hitch receiver into a secure, mobile vault. It can accommodate keys, credit cards and other small, but valuable items.
Who It’s For: The vault is roughly pocket-sized, so this product is ideal for people who may not want to carry valuable items in their pockets…like if you’re riding your mountain bike on the trail, swimming at the local pool, etc. Carrying valuables around outdoors, for instance, can make finding a lost set of keys very, very difficult. The HitchSafe keeps them safe during off-road trips.
Since the key vault attaches to the truck’s towing hitch, owners who generally do not use their trucks for towing will get more use out of it. Conversely, owners who trailer most of the time will not have many chances to use this product.
- The drawer is 1.25 inches by 3.5625 inches by 1.75 inches. Not quite big enough for a cell phone, but definitely fits a car key.
- The vault fits most standard 2 inch hitch receivers.
- Installation is easy. No tools required.
- It is made from a rust-resistant, high-impact aluminum alloy and features chrome-plated brass dials.
- With 10,000 possible lock combinations, your belongings are secure.
- The rubber dust cover makes it look like an ordinary hitch receiver.
- The Zero-Locking feature makes opening the vault in the dark easy.
- With two restraining bars, the HitchSafe stays securely locked inside the receiver hitch.
- It is adjustable to accommodate pin hole variance.
- The manufacturer provides a one-year product warranty.
What Owners Say: Reviews of this product on AutoAnything.com are overwhelmingly positive. Owners praise the key vault’s ease of installation and utility. One reviewer points out that the vault is sturdy, keeps everything dry, and no one else even knows that it is there.
Who Makes It? The HitchSafe Key Vault is produced by FJM Security, a division of the Frank J. Martin Company. Founded in 1957, Frank J. Martin has produced high-quality security products for more than half a century, including padlocks, safe-deposit boxes and more. Its corporate headquarters are in Lynnwood, Washington. The manufacturer backs the HitchSafe Key Vault with a one-year warranty.
How Much? The HitchSafe Key Vault’s list price ranges from $75.95 – $79.95 on AutoAnything.com.
Filed Under: Toyota Tundra Accessories