2012 Toyota Tundra Project Silver Bullet – Featured Truck
This week’s featured truck is lifted, polished and color matched to perfection. In fact, it has so many cool upgrades, we can’t tell which one is our favorite.
This 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7L Crewmax is owned by Tim Grachen of Brea, California and you can see the time he has spent on every detail. One of my favorite things about this truck is how well everything blends together. Yes, it has a big lift and tires, but with everything color matched or blacked out, the upgrades don’t scream, “Look at me!”
I also like how the lights are joined with the custom made NBQ Motorsports Roofrack. Quite often, truck modifications include a light bar that just sits on top of the truck. In this case, the lights feel more tied together and part of the truck thanks to the rack. Great choice Tim in including this rack.
- BDS 7″ Lift w/Fox 2.5 coilovers and rear 2.0 shocks
- 20×9.5 Procomp 5183 Vapors
- 37×13.5×20 Toyo Open County M/T’s
- Color Matched Bumpers & Grille Shell
- T-Rex X-Metal Grille Insert
- Cali Retrofits Custom Color matched headlights w/ FXR projector retrofits and custom Blue back lighting and Blue demon eyes
- TRS HID Headlights & Fog lights
- VLEDs license plate reverse plate frame and license plate leds
- Tow Mirrors
- EGR Bolt Style Color Match Flares
- Go Rhino D2 Dominator Side Steps
- Gibson Metal Mulisha Cat Back Exhaust
- Doug Thorley Short tube headers
- Spyder LED Smoked Tail lights
- Undercover LUX tonneau cover
- Undercover Swing Cases
- Bedrug bed liner
- R1Concepts drilled and slotted brakes
- S&B Filters Cold Air Intake
- Hellwig rear sway control bar
- Bolt Lock tow hitch lock
- Custom Built roof rack w/ 5 Vision X 4.5” Cannon led lights
- Spyder Industries Big Haas Recovery Hook Color matched w/ Vision X reverse pod lights
- LED Swap Interior Gauges (Done by Hazardous Lighting)
- VLEDs led interior swap
- Blue LED footwell lighting
- Roadwire custom leather grey seats with black suede inserts
- Grey suede headliner and pillars
- Custom wrapped two tone shifter knob
- Husky Floor liners
- Bullydog GT T+ tuner monitor
- Kenwood DDX-470 Indash TV
- Vibe Audio Slick 6.5” Component front door speakers
- Vibe Audio Slick 6.5 Coxial rear door speakers
- Vibe Audio Slick 12’s mounted in custom behind the seat box
- Vibe Audio Slick 4 channel 800 watt amp
- Vibe Audio Slick Mono block 1200 watt amp
Here is a quick Q&A with the owner.
What is your favorite mod?
My new KMC Heist Wheels.
What mod gets asked about the most?
My custom made NBQ Motorsports Roofrack.
What was the toughest mod?
Toughest would have to be my Doug Thorley headers. (It was a) very tight space to work in and my installer had some issues getting them in correctly compared to all my other parts installed.
What was your build inspiration/idea?
I’ve always been into trucks and when I bought my tundra I knew I wanted to build something completely different than other tundras out there. I think I have accomplished that.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out?
Build what you want to build not what others want you to build.
Thanks Tim for sharing your truck!
Want to learn more about this truck, find Tim and Project Silver Bullet on:
- Facebook project page
- Instagram – @projectsilverbullet
- Tundratalk Facebook group owner
- Tundratalk.net build page
Interested in having your truck featured? Get a hold of us on Facebook, comment below or through Tim’s email at email@example.com.
Filed Under: Featured Vehicles