Two Door Tundra SUV Concept
Last week, we asked a very talented artist to draw up a Toyota version of the old full-size Ford Bronco/Tahoe two door. The thinking is that, since Toyota may be dropping the FJ and/or killing the Sequoia, there might be a spot for a new 2 door Tundra.
What do you think? (survey below):
Reasons To Like This Concept
While this is just something we came up with here at TundraHQ, we can think of a few reasons to like this concept.
- Towing capacity of a full-size pickup
- Short wheelbase makes it good off-road and easy to maneuver in the city
- Lots of shared parts with the Tundra
- Our gear is always safe in the back
- Finally give all those full-size Bronco and Tahoe 2 door enthusiasts something to steam about
Of course there's all the things we like about buying a Toyota in the first place too (quality, reliability, resale, etc.).
Reasons It Probably Won't Happen
This concept could work - Toyota could do what Ford used to do and make this a very slightly modified version of the Tundra. If Toyota pulled that off, the production costs would be low. However, that still won't fix the inherent stability problems of a top-heavy, short wheel base 4wd SUV. Safety advocates wouldn't approve.
There's also the fact that 2 doors are fun, but 4 doors are practical.
Still, so what? We can dream, can't we?
Filed Under: TundraHeadquarters.com