LS6 Tacoma Follow-Up
Remember the 2005 Regular Cab 2wd Tacoma with the Corvette LS6 we mentioned back on March 11th? It’s back from the paint shop.
We’ve done a little reckoning – here’s what we’re thinking:
- A stock 2005 Tacoma Reg. Cab 2wd weighs about 3300lbs.
- A brand new 2009 Tundra Reg. Cab 2wd with the 5.7L weighs about 4900lbs.
- The horsepower to weight ratio of an 09′ Tundra Reg. Cab 2-by with the 5.7 is 12.8 to 1.
- The horsepower to weight ratio of this Tacoma is about 7.2 to 1.
- A stock 09′ Tundra Reg Cab with the 5.7 will run a 14 second quarter mile (give or take).
Anyone want to guess how long this Taco needs to go 1/4 mile?
If we said it needed 12 seconds, we’re probably being too conservative.
But anything faster than 12 seconds will put most production sports cars to shame.
Filed Under: Featured Vehicles